Cowork Chilliwack House Rules
This is a community space
- Be kind and show respect to both members and visitors. Cowork Chilliwack's ability to survive and thrive depends on how you interact with others.
- Try to give more to the quality of the space than you take from it.
- Let us know when something needs fixing or improving!
- Clean up after yourself—do your dishes and do your part to keep the space tidy.
Last one out? Close up shop
If you are the last person to leave, turn off the lights and make sure the stoves are off and set the alarm to away. The door will lock automatically.
One of the founding values of the coworking movement is sustainability. Please do your part.
- Reduce. Don't print material that could remain in digital form; turn off lights or appliances that aren't being used, even if you didn't turn them on.
- Recycle. There are recycling bins in most rooms next to the garbage bins. There is also a secure Shred-It bin at the base of the stairs. Feel free to drop any sensitive documents in there. It gets emptied every couple of months.
- Private Office Members: You have 24/7/365 access to the space.
- Hot Desk Members: The space is open from 8:30 to 5:00 Monday to Friday.
You will receive an invitation to Slack. It's a group messaging app that we use to communicate amongst cowork members. It is accessible from a web browser, but we recommend that you download the free app for your phone and computer.
The kitchen is a shared resource. There are just a few simple rules. :)
- If you empty it, fill it
- If you dirty it, clean it
- If you open it, close it
- If you spill it, wipe it
Please put all dishes in the dishwasher and help yourself to coffee.
Put all of your garbage in the kitchen garbage can. This will allow us to keep everything fresh and clean between cleaner visits.
There are recycling bins in the kitchen and the hot desk area. You can also use the secure Shred-it box at the bottom of the stairs.
No Posters and Signs
To keep things fair and consistent for all members, please don't put up signs or posters on interior and exterior windows or walls..